Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 250

Thread: Count Cain

  1. #91
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1) That one always baffled the heck out of me too. ^^;; I think mostly it was a case of YK going "auugh I need some excuse to drag Riff along after them so they can be all angsty and cute at each other! Okay, he drops his cufflink and it breaks and Riff takes this as a bad sign. So, moving right along..."

    2) Here's what happened (I had to go through a couple chapters 3-4 times to make sure I was translating the dialogue right). George was going to inherit if Gilford was declared incompetent. George/his parents got Liza to drug Gilford by saying they were giving her a love potion for him. Rather than a love potion, it was a pretty nasty cocktail of drugs designed to drive him out of his mind; when the main adult personality was incapacitated, Gilford's childhood personality came out.

    3) Yeah, me too... ^^;;; but it did make a tidy way of tucking in the butterfly...

    4) Because they'd done the original interview *looking for a scapegoat,* not looking for a doctor. They wanted someone with a shady past of the right height and build (and left-handed, which is why they had him sign his name a second time, to confirm his left-handedness) so they could pin it all on the scapegoat if the scheme fell apart for some reason...

  2. #92
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh yeah, looks like I missed a couple questions... ^^;;

    5) The butterfly was a birthmark. Some people have different-pigmented patches on their skin from the time they're born; that's what this was...

    6) Yeah, Jezebel had gotten her to kill girls for them by telling her that it was the only way to keep her "resurrected" daughter alive. He seemed to be telling the truth about that, too; how unlike him, to be honest about something when he could torment someone with a lie... except that in this case the truth was bad enough for him to enjoy it, so... ^^;;;

  3. #93
    Inactive Member jadey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ohhhhhhhhh..... i get it! I knew id missed several important facts. Yah with that in mind now, i do like the ending. Even with the whole randomness of the mom being the killer. It was really sad, poor cain had just fallen in love again ;_;.

  4. #94
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The whole picture in Oscars locket (or was it a watch [img]confused.gif[/img] ) and Riff's reaction really cracked me up.

    The ending with Evil Gilford changing back to the Good Gilford for Merryweather was also very touching. T_T

  5. #95
    Inactive Member Lady Elanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A little confusing was this story with the Elisabeth twins. But I liked it. The ending was too hard IMHO. Poor Joey!

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ July 26, 2003 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Lady Elanor ]</font>

  6. #96
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A little confusing was this story
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought the same thing as well XD

    But now the Red Ram volume is complete and the rest of the stories will be from the God Child Arc! Yippeeee! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  7. #97
    Inactive Member Lady Elanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Brr the story got a creepy cliffhanger. I couldn't sleep very well after reading it.

    BTW: The more I think about it, I find that the playboy image suits perfectly to Cain. His live is this hard and cruel so he needs something to forget about it. I guess none of his affairs is really a serious thing for him. As I first read Count Cain, I wasn't sure if I could like Cain with all the girls he is playing around. Now I think it absolutely fits to the story and the charakter. I'm curious if he will fall in love so deep like his love to Meredianna once again.

  8. #98
    Inactive Member rev.tsukiyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Heheh. I dont like to see Cain with girls. I suppose I just want mother all these sweet, damged boys. I dont think they'll be good enough for him! And what about lief!?

    Hmm. I'm in a wierd place rignt now. S-C.net's onto godchild, I've got G.C. vol's 1-4, and before the scanlations, I'd read book one. Then I stopped. Then I thought, hang on better read first before I get godchild 5...I never read any series in the right order.
    But if you need a scanner, guys...you know I'm here. ^^

  9. #99
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll try to get the rest of book 1 translated fast, honest! I've just kind of got this little thing called real life happening to me at the moment... (sweatdrop) I think I literally worked a 90-hour work week last week. Hopefully I can get enough time off to go pick up Tomoko-san at Hendrick House and get her settled in at my apartment on Wednesday, but I may be completely shameless and try to recruit her to help me with the cooking and cleaning and stuff at least until this whole VPN fiasco gets worked out (the thing was supposed to be here last week and it's not here yet but since it wasn't ordered through the regular channels they can't track it the normal way and arrgh it's not even funny how much of the docs I'm having to just plain make up at this point... oops, this probably belongs in the rant thread instead, sorry! ^^;; )

  10. #100
    Inactive Member Mad Hatter Beliel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2003
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My, tis been a long time since I said anything on this forum. But yey, Count Cain (or God Child, whichever) is a fave series of my along with AS an YnM.
    Umm, yeah, me waiting for Jezebel to return, if at all, as he's a fave character too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •